Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birthday gifts

I had plenty of strips of batiks, and found this pattern Batik bags, so I made two for gifts one was for my sister who crochets and is just starting to quilt,
and the other one is for my youngest daughter, who just finished her BA and is working on
her Masters, she just got a great job at a college, and is moving down state
with hers I made it a little wider and shorter, so she could use it for her
laptop, she carries it everywhere, I did buy her a nice leather carry all, but she
would rather have a quilted one, she is amazing quilter also,
She made me a quilt for mothers day, it was a wall hanging, but the amazing thing was
she had pieced it and hand quilted it, the pieces are tiny, she took the block patterns
from a dear jane book I had, so I am a proud mama, I will post it soon

1 comment: